Thursday, November 20, 2008

More Megyn Please!

When it comes to TV entertainment, I think people are more critical of unattractive women than unattractive men. Maybe I stand alone on this statement, but I feel that women (in general) need to score pretty high in all physical appearance categories before cameras start rolling. News channels, however, always seem to get a different rating scale because the news is received more as an informative viewing experience than as entertainment. I guess some people feel what whatever is lacking in physical appearance should be easily compensated with intelligence. Please don't think that I need everyone on TV to be beautiful, but the phrase "that's a face for radio" exists for a reason. You can't argue with me when I say that some people are just more enjoyable to watch. For example, if I am watching a terrible film, I would probably tolerate more if the main character was David Beckham than if it was Weird Al Yankovic. In the news category, Megyn Kelly is the best of both worlds. At first glance, one might think she was hired as one of those HBO half-time lingerie powderpuff mudbowl segments. This is certainly not the case. She has a law degree from Albany Law School and is far from ditzy. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks she's awesome.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online