Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ranch Shots Anyone?

Does anyone have a restaurant that they provide repeat business to based on one menu item? For example, I'm not a huge fan of Applebees, but their Apple Walnut Chicken Salad will always bring me in again. Another example for me is ranch dressing. There are a few places that may not have excellent food, but the ranch is just drinkable. To name a few...Good Time Charlies (Ann Arbor), Cottage Bar (Grand Rapids), and Red Robin. These are all places that I have seriously considered taking a shot of their ranch because its that delicious. Who cares if the burgers or chicken entrees are terrible....I say just order some fries or random appetizer, a huge vat of Ranch and go to town.

I got to know the owners of a Red Robin when I was a teller in Valparaiso, IN because we shared a parking lot. And....they shared their ranch secret with me and now I am letting the world in on this secret. They buy the Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Packets and follow the directions on the back. Combine 1 cup buttermilk, 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 packet of ranch...stir and chill....SOOOO EASY!! And oh so delicious!!! Whenever I make Ranch....we consume it with everything! Grilled chicken, french fries, salads, fresh cut veggies, sandwiches, quesadillas, burgers, etc.

So some of you might wonder...okay Rach, so I bought this container of buttermilk and I only used 1 cup....sweet, now the rest of it will go to waste. Not to worry...whenever I make a fresh batch of ranch, I always make these super easy buttermilk pancakes!! mmmm....pancakes....

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup buttermilk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil

Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt) in bowl. In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients (egg, milk, oil). Then add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir till moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy)

Cook on lightly greased surface. This makes about 6 (5 inch) pancakes...which is perfect for our family. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!!

2 comments:

aelders said...

Thanks for the recipes, Rach! I have to say that I'm partial to Outback's ranch dressing. I think about it for days before we go! Even now I'm salivating just at the mention of it....gotta go, all of the sudden I'm very hungry!

LJFredricks said...

THANK YOU!! Do you have the secret to good blue cheese too? It is either awesome or awful! Love the food entrys, I had to go out and buy sandwich stuff after the last one. I seriously did! Greg was extremely pleased with the sandwich I made on saturday!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online