Friday, November 7, 2008

The Truth

Okay .....I'll be honest....I'm very nervous about this liver biopsy. I say this because my last experience with a very large needle did not go well. It was when I had an epidural with Sofia and the needle nicked my spine so when they administered the anesthesia my entire body went numb. It was very scary. They immediately took it out, put me on oxygen, and just waited for my body to regain feeling. For that reason, I rejected an epidural when I delivered Stella. I realize my situation with Fia was rare, but sometimes I just get unlucky. I feel very similar about this liver biopsy as the major complications are nicking other internal organs and bleeding internally. I know this may seem silly, but I kinda feel unlucky lately.

I know I'm dating myself, but sometimes I feel like I am in one of those old school Mario Worlds when that stupid cloud follows you around throwing those spikey things so you have to press B to run fast through the entire level and just hope you finish.



For those of you who date yourself so much that you don't even know what I'm talking about....maybe this picture is better representation of how I feel.

3 comments:

michelle said...

We will be praying for you during your procedure. I know what it is like to be worried about the worst!

LJFredricks said...

Rach, Is this happening this morning? I will be praying for you too!

Peter (husband) said...

Rachel is out and everything went smoothly. They are just monitoring her now to make sure there is no bleeding. Thanks to all for the prayers.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online