Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Christmas Miracle

I am terrible at keeping houseplants alive. I usually don't even try. My brother once gave me a bonsai tree (a really cool gift) and I tried so hard to not kill it....but alas, my genuine efforts proved futile as my already doomed tree met its fate. About a month ago, my super creative friend Debbie hosted a baby shower and gave us all plant bulbs. "So easy....just fill the jar up with water to here [she points] and it should grow and bloom about the same time Lisa has her baby!" Okay, so I did exactly that and......nothing. Once again, I proved my plant-keeping skills to be terrible. One last ditch effort before I tossed it and.........a Christmas miracle!! I can't remember when I have been this proud of myself.

I would like to point out that there are 4 green stalk thingys coming out of the one bulb and 2 flowers. This is probably normal, but for some reason it gives me a great feeling of pride....as if my kid just won first place at some important competition. I am so pathetic.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online