Friday, January 1, 2010

Return of the Green Monster

This post is dedicated to my cousin Sarah who wrote this to me on November 24th..... "hmmmm....just read your blog and I have strong feeling about your current condition...crying at disney movies, kicking your kid off the toilet, taking naps? is someone preggo? you don't have to tell me, but when it is announced for everyone to know...just remember I already knew! :)"

Sarah was right. Yes, it is true....the Green Monster has returned.

I am happy to announce that I am expecting baby #3 in mid-July of 2010!! :) This picture was taken when I was pregnant with Stella. While this is a terrible picture of me, I feel it best illustrates how I feel during most of my pregnancies.

Pregnancy is not kind to my body. For this reason, Rachel Sheldon turns into a not-so-kind monster. I am not talking about the general nausea, vomiting, & exhaustion which usually stops after 13 weeks for everyone except me. I happen to have an impressive track record which include Bells Palsy, 2 dislocated ribs, excessive weight gain & sickness into my 20th week. I will also mention that my recent ulcerative colitis flare up put me at function level ZERO. I could go on....but I'll save the sob stories.

The colitis has cleared and I am starting to feel much better...slowly getting energy back....and getting super excited!! I just had my unpleasant doctor appointment yesterday and received confirmation that both baby & momma are healthy.

* If you wish to read my detailed opinion regarding the dreaded woman doctor, then click here *

19 comments:

Sandy Hop said...

Awesome news, Rach!!!

Judy said...

ConGRatS! I am so excited for you!

Laanykidsmom said...

Sorry that pregnancy is not a fun ride for you, but also so excited that you are bringing a little one into this world! What a blessing (the baby, not the sick feelings!) Hoping that the rest of the pregnancy is uneventful and healthy for you!!!!

Laanykidsmom said...

Oh yeah, my kids' pictures were taken at the JCPenney in Woodland Mall. I have gone there since Clayton was 18 months old.

Launa said...

Yeah! So excited for you!!! You help make such super cute babies!! Congrats! And I totally know how you feel about being pregnant... it's miserable and no one tells you that before you get knocked up the first time! Hehe! Here's hoping and praying the rest of this pregnancy goes super smoothly! Rub that beautiful belly!

Sarah Geelhoed said...

what can i say i am brilliant~!:) (modest too) yay! so happy for you! did you know that all of our kids will have birthdays within weeks of eachother? tim and sophia in april. jared and stella dec. 29 and jan 2...and now babies #3 july 2010!! yay! great minds think alike! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!

Alicia & Brian

Leah M. said...

Congratulations!

Carrie said...

Congratulations! I had no idea! I can complete relate with being sick- I have had the same thing for over 20 weeks with each of my pregnancies! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Ethan, Zach, and Emma's Mom said...

Congratulations! You're in my prayers--pregnancies aren't kind to me either.

Launa said...

Okay, so I was just checking out the Lilypie ticker for your new baby Sheldon and let me tell you they really should remind you how many days you have left before your little one arrives... 194 days, ah!! thinkin' of you girlie!!

Launa said...

ah, so sorry... I meant to say they "shouldn't" remind you... ah, it's one of those days!

Jessica Chamness said...

Congratulations Rachel (and Peter)! I am so happy to hear about the 3rd future little Sheldon! Hope you continue to feel better and better! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Mandy said...

That's awesome (the pregnancy, not the sickness)!

LJFredricks said...

Congratulations!! Hope you feel better soon! I hated pregnancy too I feel for you!

Anonymous said...

Contratulations Peter and Rachel. I hope you start feeling a bit better soon. This is a nice new year announcement. Enjoy your little ones!

Anonymous said...

Okay, let me add a signiture to the last post. From Aunt Elaine and Uncle Ralph.

Erin said...

Congratulations! Hopefully with 2 little ones, the time will go a little more quickly for you.

Kelly said...

But you can do the belly roll like no other human I've ever seen! Congrats Ra-Ra!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online