Tuesday, February 3, 2009

At Least They Were Cheap

Every time I put Stella in her room for a nap & she starts making noise.....there are a series of steps I go through until I finally go in and check on her. I use this same process if she wakes 1/2 way through a nap because she might go back down for another 45 minutes.

First: Analyze the Cry
- Pain, anger, or frustration

Second: Metal Checklist
- Diaper, food, paci , blanket

Third: Make My Move
- If she is not in pain & I've completed my mental checklist....then I let her cry because it's usually very short-lived. Stella usually gives up & either falls asleep or finds other ways to entertain herself.

In this case, I knew she was playing with the blinds. I chose to not go in her room because that committed me to picking her up & taking her out....thus ending my time to do things such as shower or clean up.

Sweet. At least these blinds were cheap.....well worth the various moments of productivity. Thank you Stella.....these pictures will remain documentations of your destruction.

2 comments:

baorao said...

I don't mean to equate kids and dogs, but yesterday Lauren had to buy a $70 stainless steel trash can because it appears to have all the necessary measurements and design features that will probably keep her dog from knocking it over and dragging trash all over the house while she is at work.

My point is that kids and dogs seem to take some odd satisfaction in destroying whatever they can reach, and some days that would just make me crazy. So I commend you for having such a calm and humorous reaction to it.

Mandy said...

I hate when that happens! I tried leaving Layne in her crib when she woke up from a nap too early (when she was a baby). I finally went in to get her and she had taken off her pants and poopy diaper, which she smeared everywhere, including her face. I didn't even know where to start! Gotta love kids. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online