Friday, February 27, 2009

The Hair Stylings of Fia

Sofia was born with LOTS of hair. It was everywhere. It covered her head, ears, & back. Her first hair cut was when she was 6 months old & I've been giving her occasional trims since. Fia is patient & sits very still while I fidget with her hair every morning. She usually doesn't care how I style it, so long as its out of her face. I decided to compile a collection of her many hair styles. They are in rough categories:

1. Baby Hair
2. Pony Tails
3. Braids
4. Textures
5. Head Ornaments

This is the day she was born. Her hair already covers most of her ears.


Afro Hair & Bedhead Hair


Static Hair & Bathtub Spike


1/2 Pony on Top & 1/2 Pony on Side


Pig Tails Up & Pig Tails Down


Pony Tails Straight Out & 3 Pony Tails


1/2 Pony Tails(s)


Single Pony Up & Single Pony Down


Continuous Pony Tail(s)


Single Bun Down & Bowtie Bun Up


2 Buns Up & 2 Buns Down


3 Buns & 4 Buns


Single Braid Up & Single Braid Down


Fish Tail Braid & Flower Girl Braids


Double Braids Up & Double Braids Straight Out


Double Braids Down & Pocahontas Braids


French Braid Headband & Single French Braid


Dutch Girl Braids & 4 Dutch Girls Braids


Braid Crown & Princess Laya Braids

3 Braids & 4 Braids


Mommy's Creation #1 & Mommy's Creation #2


Mommy's Creation #3 & Crazy Hair Day @ Vacation Bible School


Down & Side Barrett


Soft Curls & Spiral Curls


Tight Ringlets & Crimpy Curls


Hot Rollers & Old Lady Curlers


Various Hats




5 comments:

Momof4 said...

Um, WOW! I can't even get my girls to let me put a barrette in their hair, let alone all those different styles. She must not only have great hair to work with, she must also sit still for you and not scream like you're trying to pull each and every hair out by its roots. The double braids up might be my favorite.

Lesley said...

I still don't know how you have time to do that. That is amazing. You could write a book just about hairstyles. I can't even come up with anything that interesting. I'm starting to feel more motivated though. Crazy how Stella has no hair...good thing you don't have to do both of them, or you would never get out of your house. :)

the deKorne family said...

ok seriously. not fair. i ventured out and tried pigtails and the part was totally crooked and they stuck straight out and when i took out the rubberband i also took 1/3 of my daughters hair. i guess they made alligator clips for lazy moms of mullets like me.

Mandy said...

I'm impressed with all of the different hair styles. Layne has a ton of hair too, and actually lets me style it (if that's what you can even call it). I'm jealous of your braiding skills. I can do a basic braid and that's it.
It's my fear that someone will say to Layne, "Oh, did you daddy do your hair today?" and she would tell them that no, her mommy just doesn't know how to do hair.

Andy and Renee Kolzow said...

All I can say is OH MY GOODNESS! No wonder your girls always have adorable hairstyles every Sunday I see you...so much practice! You seriously need to share some hair tips for doing hair on a not-so-patient kid! It's always a big production getting a pony in Cami's hair...I could use some advice!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online