Monday, February 9, 2009

Pet Peeve #18

I decided that my last Pet Peeve wasn't really a pet peeve, but more of a declaration....so this is actually #18.

There are a few food items that need to be eaten a certain way....and when such food items are not consumed in the "correct" way....it just irks me. I understand that my irritation for such pettiness is both unreasonable & completely senseless......please tell me I am not alone.

1. String Cheese: String cheese must be pulled & eaten in STRINGS!! I hate when people hastily chomp off large chunks as if they are biting into a Slim Jim.


2. Kit Kat: "1, 2, 3, 4 ...break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar!" The theme song itself gives clear-cut directions about how one needs to eat this candy bar. It does not say "Bite into that Kit Kat bar as if it were a cookie & completely ignore the obvious grooves engineered for specific purpose of breaking the chocolate into 4 perfect bars."

3. Twizzlers Pull & Peel: I need not explain this one. The name itself should make it more than obvious. If you are really that dense...then see #1.


I am sure there are more, but these were the ones that immediately came to my mind.

2 comments:

baorao said...

I know there are things along these lines that annoy me, but I can't think of any at the moment.

Momof4 said...

I horrified Clayton and Jeff when I bit into the Gobstoppers Clayton gave me. They both said NO! You're supposed to suck on them, they change colors, see? Yeah, like I have patience for that!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online