Monday, March 9, 2009

Not Me Monday

It's Monday again....so here is yet another list of all the things I did not do this week.

I did not pick Stella's nose & flick the contents into the bushes before walking into the mall. That is just disgusting. I always take the time to politely use Kleenex for such occasions.

I did not slowly roll through a stop sign when no one was around because I do not loosely follow "No Cop, No Stop." That would be a deliberate inadvertence to the law.

I did not shamelessly invite myself & the girls to my sister-in-laws for a playdate so we could get out of the house, play with their toys, & make a mess somewhere else......& then try to use the lame excuse of "delivering cookies". That is just rude.

I did not almost forget Sofia's Pajama Day at school....find her Dora PJ's in the hamper.....which were not directly under my sweaty shirt & shorts from soccer the night before.... pull them out, give them a sniff, conclude they smelled like dirty socks, & decide to put them on her anyways. I always dress my children in clean clothing.

I did not take a large & glorious spoonful of peanut butter, sprinkle it chocolate chips, & then quickly shovel it into my mouth before the girls could notice. Not only is that gross & overindulgent....but it teaches my girls bad eating habits.

I did not pick off a piece of cookie from Stella's cheek & eat it like a mama monkey cleaning her baby monkey. That is gross & such actions should only be reserved for animals in the wild or at the zoo.

I did not tell Sofia that she couldn't have raspberries because they were too expensive, and then somehow budget for bag of Dove Chocolates. This does not affirm my belief that chocolate is clearly more important & valuable than fruit.

4 comments:

Momof4 said...

Dove Chocolates are extremely valuable. Nothing wrong with that! Also, next time you need to put slightly stinky clothes on your child, toss them in the dryer with a dryer sheet for just a few minutes. I have done that with Clayton's nasty hockey stuff when I have forgotten to wash it. The stink is still there but masked under the pleasant smell of Bounce!

michelle said...

That is helpful charity! I will be sure to not smell your kids too closely next time I see them if you do the same with mine! Also Rachel be careful for when you kids start to really work on their sense of smell. I have carefully eaten a secret chocolate only to hear from the back of the car "I smell chocolate...who is eating chocolate...okay every one open your mouths!" OOOPPPSSS

Lesley said...

Hahaha! I see it how it is. Loved the cookies...which are gone by the way...mmmmm. Thanks so much!

Mom said...

Glad to see I passed important knowledge from mother to daughter. Chocolate rules! Mom

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online