Monday, March 23, 2009

Not Me Monday

It's Monday again....so here is yet another list of all the things I did not do....

I did not throw two little hand towels into the washer, start it, walk to Stella's room to get the rest of the laundry & forget my task in the 10 steps (literally) it takes me to get there.....and then realize my forgetfulness the next day when I went to do laundry. That is wasteful. Besides, I am awesome at multi-tasking & never get distracted.

I did not tell Sofia to turn off the water while brushing her teeth because we don't want to be wasteful and then take a long, hot & glorious 10 minute shower after she went to bed.

I did not swerve into an apartment complex parking lot & conveniently park between a conversion van & pick-up truck to hide from a punk cop who caught me in a speed trap. I did not sigh with guilty relief to see the cop pulled over the white Taurus that was behind me. Nope, not me. I never speed & would never do such dishonest tricks to avoid tickets.

I did not take an extra heaping free sample of spinach dip at the grocery store knowing that Sofia would not want it....so I could have two for myself. Nope, not me...that would be greedy & gluttonous.....and break the unspoken free sample rules.

I did not veto 90% of the books Sofia chose at the library because the contained waaaaay too many words per page.

I did not wait until we had guests coming over to finally tend to my gross bathroom & floors....because they were embarrassingly disgusting & I didn't want people to think I we lived in such filth. Nope, not me. I keep a tight weekly bathroom cleanliness & floor scrubbing schedule.

I did not ask Peter the same question 4 times in 30 minutes. Whenever I ask questions.....I always listen attentively to his answers & never zone out.

7 comments:

the deKorne family said...

i don't believe in cleaning bathrooms, or anything unless there is an event. i count myself an event cleaner. that's why i'm always embarassed when matt stops by. also, i should have turned down a side street to avoid getting pulled over this weekend. i will take that lesson from you!

Momof4 said...

You renegade! Hiding from a cop! And next time, swipe some spinach dip for me. LOVE that stuff.

Anonymous said...

So I'm not the only who ask the same question several times!!

suzi yee said...

Just found your blog via Pinterest posting of your French Toast bake. Love your confessions.... really funny stuff!

Anonymous said...

I love your honesty. It cracks me up! And I do all that stuff,well except for the cop thing. Never done that before. I will put that on my bucket list. Hahaha

Anonymous said...

This was delicious!!!
I used heavy cream instead of milk and it's to die for!
Thanks for this recipe.

Anonymous said...

So I've made this the times and the first was soggy the last two perfect. So some tips that I found useful:

1: Use nice thick bread, real butter, and whole or 2% milk. Margarine, skim milk, and regular bread will add to the soggy factor.

2: Set up to chill overnight for about 12 hours. If that's not possible, then just dip in the egg mixture, don't pour.

3: I bake it covered for 20 then uncovered for 25 min.

4: After it comes out of the oven, let it ready for about 10 minutes.

I hope this helps. This is a great recipe (found on pinterest). For xmas, I used some eggnog along with milk to add a little special flavor to our batch.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online