Monday, April 13, 2009

Christ the Lord is Risen! Hallelujah!

This is going to be a longer post....so bear with me. But it's mostly pictures so it's a fast scroll post. We never got Easter baskets filled with candy & chocolate when we were little & I don't remember painting eggs either....so it was fun for me too. Maybe I did...but I don't have a very good memory. I certainly don't remember elaborate Easter egg hunts or frilly Easter dresses. So these traditions are new for me too. We began our festivities on Saturday with egg painting & ended with an Easter Egg hunt & lots of family time.

Painting Easter Eggs
Sofia really enjoyed every step of this. I really tried to let her do everything all by herself. She was surprisingly very gentle & extremely careful.

Move the eggs to the pan.
Fill with water & cook.
Rinse hot eggs with cold water.


Dry. Color. Dip.


The finished product


Easter Day
6:30am
Sofia
: "Mommy! Today is Easter & God waked Jesus up from the dead. I am so happy! I'm gonna go tell daddy!"
Rachel: "That's right! That is so exciting & you should be so happy. Yes, go tell daddy" [ha ha...yes, that's right....go wake him up...]

New Easter dresses for the girls.
Walmart - $12 (yes!)
I always told myself I would never make my girls wear matching clothing...but I couldn't resist.



Brunch with Peter's family @ Egypt Valley.
Me & Stella look so much alike.


The Easter Egg Hunt
The cousins....minus Charley & Stella.


Fia held hands with her cousin Maggie....the whole time.


I had the most fun watching Stella.
She somehow still needed help finding the eggs.


Easter Sugar!



Bubbles!
My super cute niece Molly.
She's so photogenic...like her mom.



What's Easter Festivities without some bunny ears?


Great weather = running outside!
1....2....3....Run!


1....2....3...Jump!


1....2....3....Go!
I think Grant had the best start.
He's probably already faster than me.


1....2....3....Catch!
Catching tiny rubber discs shot from the porch.


Christ the Lord is Risen! Hallelujah!


There is always reason to complain.
There is always more reason to be happy.
Thank you God for the blessings in my life.

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die." John 11:25-26

1 comment:

Dave and Sandy Hop said...

He is risen indeed! Alleluia!

It looks like you guys had an awesome day! I love the one of the flying disks- what a great representation of the fun your family had that day! The matching dresses are really cute! Matching is ok...in moderation. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online