Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tea Party

Those who know me....most likely also know my political & religious leanings. So I am not going to use my blog as an avenue to preach the specifics & details about my views on various topics to everyone.

I will, however, post about my first "rally" Tea Party. If you don't know what it was about, then scroll down for the news clip....I'll let News 13 explain it. It was a spur of the moment decision to go, so I didn't know what to expect. I went with my girls & my MIL (mother-in-law) and met some fellow church members. The weather was incredible & it was fun to be outside. Lots of people made signs & dressed for the occasion. We couldn't stay the entire time because it ran into dinner time & I hadn't packed anything for the girls....so Peter picked us up on his way home from work.

We ended up being front & center....right by the speakers. It was really loud. Here are a few pictures from the event.

The crowd


My girls


Some other people & their signs


Pati & Fia


Church friends: The Gehrls


The absolute best part was that my MIL, Pati, got interviewed by WZZM News 13! They actually asked me if I wanted to be interviewed....but I declined because I am a wuss. So I will claim fame by association.

Click HERE to see the actual news video footage.

1 comment:

Momof4 said...

Go ahead and preach! I didn't know Holland was having one until I drove by Centennial Park and saw a couple hundred gathered there. Glad you got to go and take your girls.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online