Friday, May 1, 2009

Charity's Chocolate Bars

This is my cousin Charity's chocolate bars. She is a great mom who frequently makes them for her son's hockey team. I requested the recipe & she delivered....& THEY delivered! These are awesome & extra chocolaty....and easy to make & take along. Well, this is almost her recipe....I ended up cutting down on the butter by about 1/4 cup. For the original, click HERE.

5 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla
10 oz. mini marshmallows
4 cups Rice Crispies

Melt butter, peanut butter, chocolate chips & marshmallows.
Add Rice Crispies
Put in 9x13 pan
Frost & store in refrigerator.

FROSTING:
Melt 3 Tbsp butter, 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/3 cup milk
Add 2 cups powdered sugar & 1 tsp vanilla
Beat thoroughly

And of course.....my step-by-step

Ingredients for the bars....oh so delicious.


Melt marshmallows, chocolate, PB & butter


Add rice crispies....stir
Put in 9 x 13 pan


Lick spoon & don't share with daughter (yes, this is necessary)


Frosting Ingredients


I microwaved butter, chocolate chips, milk & PB....
...about 40 seconds, then stir...maybe 25 seconds more?


Mix till smooth & delicious


Add chocolate mixture to powdered sugar & mix till smooth


Frost rice crispy bars....then cover & refrigerate


I cut mine & store them in ziptop bag for take along convenience


Oh, & then one to sample for taste confirmation....mmmm.


I have also put a few Reese's Pieces on top....which puts them over the top....but I'm pretty sure that anything that includes Reese's Pieces is going to be awesome. They are like the bacon of the candy world. Thanks again Charity for the great recipe! I also love her blog. She updates it almost everyday with family happenings & wonderful Christ-centered mommy advice. Check it out.....click HERE

4 comments:

Momof4 said...

Wow Rach! Thanks for the kind words. Glad you like the bars, the only problem is they are a bit addicting! I got the recipe 15 years ago from a co-worker (waaaay before kids). It has definitely stood the test of time!

LJFredricks said...

I also think they taste the best when Charity makes them!! (I hate to bake, love to eat!!)
I would like to try what you made to compare!!

Anonymous said...

These are different than scotcharoos, aren't they?

burchsm@yahoo.com said...

Does it matter if the chocolate chips are semi sweet or milk chocolate?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online