Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pet Peeve #21

The Straddler
Last Friday I went to Meijer to run some errands & saw this. I hate when people do this. I simply can not accept that they honestly believe their car is that awesome to deserve 2 spots. I once saw a man do this when I worked at the bank, but it was with his cherry red Ferrari....and it was on the side of the building away from everyone else....totally valid. But this? Apparently this owner did not get the memo that their Dodge Caravan is not worthy of 2 spots. I'm not harping on vans...because I am a proud owner....but I also don't feel entitled to 2 spots. Please don't ever be this person...unless you suddenly become the owner of a Ferrari, Bentley, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce or something comparable....and then you can let me take your car for a joy ride.



The Back-Inner
I also hate when people unnecessarily back into parking spots. Sometimes I pull into a space & the next one happens to be free so I pull forward into that spot. I have no patience for people who take extra time awkwardly backing into a parking spot Austin Powers style throwing their car from Drive to Reverse 30 times.....especially if there are other cars waiting for them to finish. Sure, no one else has anything to do....just go ahead & take your merry stinkin time....because my time is completely worthless.....& go back to driver's training!!


I can't believe this man's patience. I still can't watch this video without getting completely annoyed.

5 comments:

Sandy Hop said...

Welcome back to the blogging world, Rach!

LJFredricks said...

This is so annoying. Also I personally feel that motorcyles should not get their own parking spot. I am all for them being able to park up by the building. They are so small I never see them until I am making my parking approach. Nice one!

Mandy said...

That is so annoying. I really get upset when I'm in a parking garage b/c NO ONE knows how to stay in the lines.

aelders said...

Rach, honestly I don't thing that watching that video was good for my health. I can totally feel my blood pressure rising!

sampstar said...

in defense of the van, perhaps there had been a fancy car there before the van making it necessary for the van to straddle...then the fancy car left leaving just the van looking like a fool

i hate those who back in, always have. As for the video, i thought he was going to pull her out of the car and strangle the chick.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online