Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Asians Taking Pictures

I am adopted. My entire family is dutch. Aside from obvious outward appearances....nothing about me is Asian. I consider myself 100% American...but that is another topic for another day. I enjoy the politically incorrect label "Twinkie"....all yellow on the outside & white on the inside. Sometimes I say "banana", but I prefer Twinkie because they taste better. Bananas are good only if made into banana bread...but I digress. I mostly use the term because it makes people visibly uncomfortable...and I enjoy watching the awkward internal struggle.

Back to point.....Asians taking pictures is a phenomena that has always intrigued me. I believe my fascination began when I went to Disneyland when I was 6. I think it was the first time I was exposed to Asians in mass numbers....which is intimidating. I remember thinking, "Seriously....is he really taking a picture of a garbage can?"

My recent vacation to Washington DC, reminded me of my trip to Disneyland. Asians dominated Capitol Hill.....with their bodies & their cameras. While I did get a few great shots from my trip...most of the pictures I took were of Asians....taking pictures....of more Asians.

It seems that Asians taking pictures is an art form. In addition to taking an offensive length of time for each picture.....there are several stances to getting the perfect shot. Forget tripods....we Asians are extremely flexible & can easily maneuver our bodies into tripod form. Not all of these are from my trip, but these are a few of my favorites.

#1. This guy was everywhere....yelling directions & working up a decent sweat in the process.


#2. I believe this is the same stance Stella takes when she is filling her diaper.



#3. A perfect 10


#4. She can't possibly be comfortable. Are those Gumbi's legs?


#5. I cropped out the other Asian who was taking pictures of her....shoes.



#6. This form is for those who also wish to get a leg workout during photo shoots.



#7. This is for those who do not anticipate throwing their bodies into tripod form & later decide the shot needs a lower angle...but already committed to not tripod-ing themselves....& therefore resort to the awkward lean-and-step-back form.




#8. Wait a minute....he's not Asian....but his form deserves honorable mention. His back end needs to stick out a bit more....but as he is not of yellow skin & also has no butt whatsoever....perhaps this was not possible.


#9. This guy was squatting so low.... it looked like a traditional Russian folk dance....awesome.

10 comments:

kasey said...

aAAAAAahahhaha...this is a spectacular observation.

LJFredricks said...

I snorted four times during this post. In laughter not anything else! I may have woken up some children at this point. frickin hilarious. All of it from twinkie to tripod and other poses. ANd as I know you the twinkie analogy does not make me uncomfortable. sorry to disappoint. Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

twinkies.....mmmmmmmmm.

Laanykidsmom said...

Rach, I have missed your posts. I never know what you will come up with. This one is priceless.

Sandy Hop said...

Rach, welcome back to blogdom!! We've missed you terribly. and a great post for your first one back! I'm literally laughing out loud. Seriously- you should travel more - I appreciate the souveniors you bring back. :) Tinkie? Never heard of it before...but funny!!!

phoebe said...

Is everybody afraid to kneel down on the ground to take a picture? Apparently so! Love your post! (Laanykidsmom's sister)

Carrie and Aaron said...

Loved this!

Anonymous said...

Amateure Girls

Erotische Frauen

Amateur Privat Girls

Anonymous said...

Privat Amateure

geile titten

PrivateCams

Anonymous said...

http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=15594

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online