Joining a gym was an idea....but that costs more than I want to spend....plus driving time.....and it seems silly when it is so beautiful outside. Running is free & I can do it whenever I want....and I don't have to fuss with loading the kids in the van. I signed up for the Fifth Third Riverbank 5k and have been running almost everyday since April 24th. And this is how I've been doing my WW.
First: Double Jogger Investment
Sell 2 other strollers & get this discounted stroller online...free shipping :)
Second: Find A Way to Satisfy Stella On Jog
I didn't want to pay extra for the cup holders, etc.
So I made my own version of a cup holder.
A paci clipped to Stella so I don't lose it.
Bring baggies of dry cereal....depending on the time of day.
Third: Music & Timing
I use Peter's shuffle.
Y-splitter so Sofia can listen too.
Always bring a stopwatch....Stella maxes out at 35 minutes
- Sometimes I run twice in 1 day. For example, yesterday I jogged my normal 3-4 miles with the girls....and then went out again in the evening & went for 7 1/2 miles....at an 8 1/2 minute mile pace! That's a total of 10 1/2 miles in 1 day! If you know me....this is amazing. I have always preferred to let others run & wait for them on my couch...with a bowl of chips.
- Sofia has started to enjoy carrots, cucumbers, & shaved turkey as a snack. I think having healthier snack options & being an example has actually helped!
- Stop complaining to my husband about how I don't see any changes. He tells me that I look great so that is enough.
- Stop finishing my kid's meals! I hate wasting food....so I always eat the last few bites of Sofia's meals.
- Drink more water. I am terrible with this. I always manage to get my daily coffee in the morning. I have an entire day to drink water....why is this so hard?
- I went crazy on some frozen cookie dough balls this past week. I just eat them frozen instead of baking them. I eat them in one bite as if it makes them smaller....and myself less gross.
- I went out bowling with friends on Saturday & ate tons of junk & had a few beers....which made me feel blah and not in any mood to run on Sunday. I rarely drink beer these days & if I have more than 1, then my body only wants to be lazy for the next few days.
- Doritoes went on sale @ D&W...buy one/get one...and I caved. I can't resist the delicious crunch & cheesy flavor of Doritoes....I devoured them despite my GI system telling me to stop.