Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Workout Wednesday

I jumped on my cousin's Workout Wednesday bandwagon (I'm such a sheep) with a few of my other cousins.......Lisa, Sarah, Michelle, & Alison be to more specific. I believe Lisa began it with this post. It's basically a pledge to change your lifestyle: be active & eat healthy. I am supposed to list goals, confessions, & successes for the week.

Joining a gym was an idea....but that costs more than I want to spend....plus driving time.....and it seems silly when it is so beautiful outside. Running is free & I can do it whenever I want....and I don't have to fuss with loading the kids in the van. I signed up for the Fifth Third Riverbank 5k and have been running almost everyday since April 24th. And this is how I've been doing my WW.

First: Double Jogger Investment
Sell 2 other strollers & get this discounted stroller online...free shipping :)


Second: Find A Way to Satisfy Stella On Jog
I didn't want to pay extra for the cup holders, etc.
So I made my own version of a cup holder.
A paci clipped to Stella so I don't lose it.
Bring baggies of dry cereal....depending on the time of day.


Third: Music & Timing
I use Peter's shuffle.
Y-splitter so Sofia can listen too.
Always bring a stopwatch....Stella maxes out at 35 minutes


Successes:
  • Sometimes I run twice in 1 day. For example, yesterday I jogged my normal 3-4 miles with the girls....and then went out again in the evening & went for 7 1/2 miles....at an 8 1/2 minute mile pace! That's a total of 10 1/2 miles in 1 day! If you know me....this is amazing. I have always preferred to let others run & wait for them on my couch...with a bowl of chips.
  • Sofia has started to enjoy carrots, cucumbers, & shaved turkey as a snack. I think having healthier snack options & being an example has actually helped!

Goals:
  • Stop complaining to my husband about how I don't see any changes. He tells me that I look great so that is enough.
  • Stop finishing my kid's meals! I hate wasting food....so I always eat the last few bites of Sofia's meals.
  • Drink more water. I am terrible with this. I always manage to get my daily coffee in the morning. I have an entire day to drink water....why is this so hard?

Confessions:
  • I went crazy on some frozen cookie dough balls this past week. I just eat them frozen instead of baking them. I eat them in one bite as if it makes them smaller....and myself less gross.
  • I went out bowling with friends on Saturday & ate tons of junk & had a few beers....which made me feel blah and not in any mood to run on Sunday. I rarely drink beer these days & if I have more than 1, then my body only wants to be lazy for the next few days.
  • Doritoes went on sale @ D&W...buy one/get one...and I caved. I can't resist the delicious crunch & cheesy flavor of Doritoes....I devoured them despite my GI system telling me to stop.

5 comments:

Sandy Hop said...

Holy cow, Rachel! That's awesome of you! Perhaps you can inspire me to be less sloth-like. :) 10 1/2 miles in one day?!?~~? That needs to be a world record! Keep up the great work! BTW- I have boxes for you. :)

Lesley said...

What up crazy runner lady! Way to go! Keep up the good work, but promise you won't waste away to nothing!

michelle said...

I am proud of you...you posted! I am totally humbled by the running that you do! Way to go! Thanks for helping to keep me motivated!

LJFredricks said...

You are doing great! I must admit I buy the bogo doritos too. I also feel that I can eat them if I make them part of a taco salad. Funny how they are "healthier" when I put lettuce on top of them!

aelders said...

way to go on the WW post, Rach!! And the amount of running that you do in a day is amazing!!!! you're inspiring me to stay on track!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online