Thursday, July 23, 2009

28

Well, it's here....the big 2-8. I officially turn 28 today. I thought I might post 28 random things that make me smile.....in no particular order.


1. God.

2. Peter. We started dating when I was 14 years old....which means we now have been together for 1/2 of my existence. We were just kids (see left). He makes the corniest old man "dad" jokes....they usually make me laugh.

3. Sofia. The best accident ever. The first person to look like me....if you don't count Kristi Yamaguchi, Michelle Kwan, Connie Chung, or Lucy Liu.

4. Stella. She requires an extra pair of eyes & hands, but makes me smile & laugh like no other person.

5. Awkward silences & moments....love em.

6. Beef jerky. The best kind is the homemade stuff sold on the side of the road up north. It seems the farther north you go...the better the jerky....mmmm.....jerky.

7. Brendan Shanahan. Yes, I still have a crush on him....even though he's like 40...and when he left the Wings for the Devils....I was devastated. My most recent athlete crush is now Brian McBride.

8. Being Asian. I used to hate it....but now I love it....because in Grand Rapids, MI....it makes me "unique"....and it happens to be kinda trendy....so I got that going for me. And I can play the Asian card & make people uncomfortable.

9. Life. I am forever grateful to my birth mother for being pro-life.

10. Adoption. I'm happy Marlin & Lavonne checked the "girl" box on the papers.

11. Noggin.com & playhousedisney.com. Sofia loves the games & it always allows some time to myself.

12. The Container Store....coolest store EVER.

13. Watching Sofia read a book to Stella....even though her arms aren't really long enough to have Stella on her lap....so the book is literally an inch away from Stella's face.

14. Hummus. I am not a hummus snob. I love any & all hummus....because it is just so yummus.

15. Blogs. I finally have a hobby...and it's free!! It also keeps me connected to friends & family.

16. Music. I am not a music bigot. I love it all.

17. Dancing. I love to dance.....I feel weddings are the best venues for a good time on the dance floor.

18. Fall. This is easily my favorite season. I hate being hot. The colors & smells of the trees going to sleep are so soothing.

19. Long & hot showers. A simple pleasure.

20. Family. I am blessed to have a wonderful extended family.

21. The words "dude", "awesome", "wicked", "sick", & "seriously". I overuse all of them.

22. Naps. I am awesome at sleeping.

23. Travel. I love traveling. There are so many places I still want to see & visit. I like to travel & avoid the busy tourist attractions & experience the life of a "local". The rule when I was little was "no chain restaurants". Best rule ever.


24. Horses. I love to ride horses. I did horse camp when I was little (nerd alert!) & loved to stay at my uncle Doc's & ride his horses & tag along with them to horse shows. I still would love go out West to a Dude Ranch someday & ride horses all day....and eat beef jerky....awesome.

25. Harry Potter. I don't enjoy reading....but I was one of those HP nutcases.

26. Laughing. I do not take myself too seriously & love to laugh. Life is too short to be angry & bitter all the time.

27. Christmas. I love Christmas music, decorating the house, eating cookies, & looking at outside lighting.

28. My new house! I love my kitchen.

9 comments:

Lesley said...

Happy Birthday Rach! We love you!

Judy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL!!
I hope your day is great!

Renee said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Happy Happy Birthday

Laanykidsmom said...

Happy Birthday, dear Asian cousin-in-law! Dork, I know. I love your list. I agree with so much of it, except Stevie Y instead of Shanny! And you are way hotter than the Asian chicks you listed. Seriously. Dude.

Sandy Hop said...

Happy Birthday, Rach!

LJFredricks said...

Love your list AND you! Happy Birthday Rach! I am so glad you were born and so glad you are a part of our family!

michelle said...

Happy Birthday Rach! I hope you had a great day! I am so thankful for you!

Brandy =] said...

I remember helping you get Harry Potter 7 for your birthday. lol You're smile was AWESOME!!! =] And tired....and your baby belly was kinda cute, too! =] I miss you! =]

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online