The Breton & Burton intersection near my house has 4 separate signs for 1 project....so you can be alerted from every direction. Say these signs cost $800 per sign....that's still $3,200 worth of signage for 1 measly intersection. I'm sure other construction sites also have more than 1 sign per site.
Signs are important & some sign maker made some money....I get it....fine. But what irritates me the most is that these signs can not be reused....as the Recovery Act expires in 2011 & they will be outdated! What a waste.
Here are some ways I might have spent $3,200.....
- 640 packages of beef jerky....an entire package for nearly 2 years!
- 2 Dove chocolate mini morsels everyday for 34 years.
- 100 pairs of kids shoes (the expensive kind)
- 200 pairs of kids shoes (the kind I get from Target)
- 1280 glorious pounds of hummus
- Gas in my van for nearly 2 years
- Oil changes for 23 years
- 320,000 rides on Sandy, the mechanical pony @ Meijer
- 2,100 ice cream cones at Jersey Junction
- 17,000 diapers....nearly 6 years worth with an average of 8 per day