Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lowes Knows....Home Depot Does Not

Peter puts paint order in at Home Depot.
Home Depot forgets one of the gallons on the order.
Peter returns to Home Depot to pick it up.
Home Depot gently sets top on paint.
Home Depot does not secure top with machine thingy.
Peter turns out of Home Depot parking lot.
Paint bucket tips & paint pours out.
Home Depot tries to deny any & all fault.

SWEET!!

Needless to say....Peter was not pleased with Home Depot.
And of course....it had to be the ONLY gallon of red paint.

The damage....from a distance



A little closer



Front: Passenger side...by the door



Middle Bench: There were literally pools of paint



Under front passenger seat....more pools


4 Bags of clean-up mess & damaged floor mats, blankets, etc.



Home Depot is blacklisted.


10 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness! I would be so mad. So Home Depot isn't going to pay to have it fixed?
Maybe you could paint the entire interior to match?

Rach said...

Yes...anger & madness only gently describe our feelings towards Home Depot. Our insurance covered everything except our $500 deductible. We're waiting for Home Depot to pay us $500...but getting the money from them is still an ongoing process....grrrr.

Laanykidsmom said...

Wow. I think I would have sat down and cried. A lot of tears. And then gotten really, really mad. I hope Home Depot antes up.

Ethan, Zach, and Emma's Mom said...

I think you should tweet about it. Make it public. Then see what they do!

Sandy Hop said...

UGH!!! HOly cow- drop Dave's name there...he spends enough money there every year! (on second thought...I wouldn't...) but UGH again!

sampstar said...

next week's Not Me Monday better not start with...
Rachel did not accidentally run over someone as she bent down to pick up the bag of Cheese Puffs and proceed to throw their bleeding body in her car to dispose of it and then try to blame the blood stains on the Home Depot.

Mandy said...

You for sure tweet about it. I tweeted about my hatred for Comcast and within minutes they contacted me, sent a repair man out and gave me a huge discount on my bill.

Jesse said...

My cousin's boyfriend had the same thing happen, but instead of it spilling in the car, it spilled all over one of those expensive self-checkout machines, splashed off, and soaked into his shoe. They tried to blame him. He walked out. Home Depot sucks. You should have gone to Sevens on 29th street anyway, Rachel. Bummer about the car!

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Again a gentle post. Because of your crony

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online