Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Honesty Is The Best Policy

I have been honored with an award. I believe the last award I received was in college for "Resident Assistant with the most Programs"....clearly a lame made-up feel-good award....it doesn't count. So thank you Lisa, for the Honest Scrap award....I will accept it with pride.


Lisa is one of my my 45 cousins. (This is direct cousins & not including spouses...or any of Peter's family). She is a mom of 4 who keeps things light hearted with humor and perspective. I've only recently gotten to know her through the world of blogging & FB....which is totally lame....but I am happy to finally feel like I know more than just her name.

Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
2. Share 10 honest things about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 other whose blogs you find brilliant in design or content.
4. Tell those 7 people they have been awarded.


You can always count on me to be honest....I realize that this is not always a good trait. This post was a bit harder for me because I feel like I've already (in one way or another) listed tons of honest things about me....from lists to food quirks to random facts...so sorry for repeats!

Here are my honest things:

1. I am psychotic about organization bins. I LOVE them! For those of you who have not seen my basement storage area....I'm sure I'll post about it in the near future. It's a sickness. I've embraced it & accept open mockery on the matter....because it's valid.

2. I HATE having my ears touched by anyone but myself. Sofia once tried to tickle my ear & it took all of my efforts to not involuntarily punch her. I did, however, freak out to the point of scaring her to tears....way to go Rach.

3. I need to have the dishes in arranged a very specific way in my dishwasher. The plates need to face away from the sink. I also need to have specific cups lined in specific places on the top rack. If Peter or a house guest loads them differently....I will rearrange them after they leave. There is no reasonable explanation for this.

4. I think they should eliminate cursive penmanship from school. What a waste. I also get annoyed with people who write in cursive....unless they are elderly...because the elderly really do have that extra time.

5. I hate going to the bathroom for a deuce with no reading material in hand....because otherwise I end up reading about my face lotion & Peter's deodorant for the zillion-th time.

6. I hate being hot. I always prefer winter & fall to summer & spring. I hate being sweaty & unable to cool down....because you can only take off so many layers. But if you're cold, you can always cozy up with one more layer.

7. My husband loves to whistle & I hate it....ESPECIALLY in the car.

8. I have lots of cousins. 30-something on one side & maybe 15 on the other? I don't know all of their names & certainly don't know spouse names....and DEFINITELY don't know their kids' names.

9. I love to cook & bake. I love learning about the scientific properties of food....which is why Food Network's Alton Brown is easily one of my top 3 heroes. One of my closet dreams is to go to culinary school...but not to work in a restaurant....just to learn....nerd alert!

10. As an adoptee....I used to wish to revisit Korea & find my birth mother....this wish has since vanished now that I have my own kids who look like me. I also enjoy making people VERY uncomfortable by playing the wildly inappropriate adoption card, "Well, my mommy didn't want me so she left me on a door step...." I do, however, still cry at any movie adoption/orphan related....even if they are lame or animated children's movies. These movies include Annie, Meet the Robinsons, Juno, & Harry Potter.


I choose to award the following bloggers for their honesty in the blog world.

Sandy Pardon My Dust

Lesley The Hassenrik Family

Mandy Never A Dull Moment

Carrie Leonard Life

Launa Little Sweet Things

Michelle The Hayden Family

2 comments:

Launa said...

Punk! Just kidding... hehe! I will try and post this thingy some time today so I can post something I'm thankful for tomorrow (early as possible) so no one has to know all the nerdy things about me... oh and do I even know seven other blogger? hehe! Hope you're doing wonderfully and Happy Thanksgiving!

Leah M. said...

Hey Rachel - Congrats on the award! If you want a good cry, check out my uncle and aunt's adoption blog (you can find the link on my blog list)... they brought home two orphans from Ukraine yesterday! See you Saturday at the reunion maybe... it looks like I'll be stopping by.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online