It's been awhile since I've done one of these posts so I'm kinda nervous to start again....mostly because it's so revealing of what an awesome mom/wife I am.....right.
- I did not wear the exact same pair of jeans 9 days in a row because they had no visible dirt and finally wash them only because Sofia said I was "icky" & "gross" & "smelly". (Megan, remember Stef? Barf)
- I did not send Peter's cousin Kyle on a bike ride with Sofia to the park (without me or Peter)....only after he finished reading several books to her....so I could nap on my couch and continue my awesome streak of nothingness. I'm sure he loved making a long trip from D.C. to babysit our kids. Not me, I would not force parent duties our out-of-town house guest.
- I did not cry during the last scenes of Meet the Robinsons and tell Sofia the very pathetic line "sometimes mommies just cry". That is so lame. I do not get emotionally overwhelmed by animated Disney movies.
- I did not violently bust into the bathroom & force Sofia to pinch one off so I could sit down at go. That is an unpleasant experience that I would never force upon my child.
- I have not finally give in and start reading Stella books while sitting on the toilet....and reason to myself that I was being a "good mommy" by not leaving my children unattended for substantial parts of the day and multi-tasking....and completely ignore the grossness factor.
- I did not tell Sofia that her only afternoon options were to watch a movie, play video games, or nap....so that I could lay on the couch and nap. No way, I always engage my children in educational activities.
- I did ignore my laundry for an entire week and then cry when I saw that our dirty laundry literally went from the ground to chute opening the ceiling.
- I did not tell Sofia to bounce one of those gi-mungus balls to me in Walmart and proceed to back my noggin into a metal rack sending 14 huge hula hoops noisily rolling all over 4 different aisles. Not me, I am not clumsy...and I do not encourage my children to play with display toys.
- I do not continually partake in this Not Me Monday blog thing and not provide the link to the lady who came up with it....giving her credit for the creative idea. Nope, I always give credit where credit is due.