Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Snapshots

Yikes! I have been really really lazy with my blog. I've got so many things to blog about....but the convenience of blogging is gone with no laptop....and I've been really busy. So a quick snapshots post. Sorry about the quality of pictures....a bunch are with my phone camera.


I have been working on a project for the school Christmas program.
8 posters for 8 scenes.
It took a LOT longer than I predicted.
But I enjoy doing this stuff....so I didn't mind.


A couple of them up close.
I used construction paper & posterboard



This was back in November....decorating the tree!
I just liked the picture.
Only 1 broken ornament this year....yes, it was Stella.


Sofia & I make sugar cookies!
They were totally inedible.....just awful.
But we had a fun time together.


Two cookies sheets full.
I do realize that a gingerbread recipe would have probably been more appropriate....oh well.



Sofia used the leftovers to make this beautiful lady.
It's me....of course....barf



Christmas dinner with Trillium!
Last Saturday, we went out with Peter's work partners.


The Men:
Kyle VanderKodde, Peter Sheldon, Dan Meyering



The Women:
Rebecca Meyering, Rachel Sheldon, Tricia VanderKodde



Yesterday we got all dressed up to go see Santa.



Sofia did great!
She asked for Dora pajamas & a computer game.


Stella....not so much.
She did not want to touch Santa with a 10 ft pole.



I love this girl.

7 comments:

Lesley said...

Okay...wow!

1. You are amazing. I can't believe you did all those posters by hand. Did you use stencils for the letters? And you just cut out and designed those people? You are amazing with a scissors.

2. Super cute gray shirt.

3. Beautiful tree.

4. I can't imagine you made anything that was inedible. :)

Rach said...

ha ha Les! I borrowed Sandy's cricut (sp?) for the letters so I cheated. Mrs. Novice gave me the images....so I used an overhead projector to get a rough sketch on the poster board for the larger images....and then cut the pieces freehand to fill it in....so they're not exact, but close enough. That's why they all have background colors. Hopefully they can use them again.

Thanks! I love our tree too. Peter's super awesome sister gave us all the ornaments and tree topper!

Ethan, Zach, and Emma's Mom said...

Love your pictures for the Christmas program. Beautiful!

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that last picture. LOL!

Launa said...

I agree with the other lovely ladies... the posters were awesome!!! So cool!
And the passie picture made me laugh... I totally remember when Makena used to do that with a passie in each hand too! She is so cute!

Laanykidsmom said...

Yeah, the posters are some kind of fantastic. And Stella? Can I borrow her sometime? What a doll.

Sandy Hop said...

Hey Rach, The posters turned out awesome! I love the letters. Old Georgey boy comes through in a pinch (the font name). You did great putting it all together!

How does Stella fit THREE paci's in her mouth?!?!?! Mina guta!

Anonymous said...

Okay, all these pictures are great, enjoyed every one. HOWEVER, Sofia's AMAZING cookie dough replica of mommy is priceless. It made me laugh out loud. . . especially your underwear. AHAHAHAHAHA. Made my day.

Megan Rose

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online