Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dear Mommy....Love Sofia

I have been in a slump lately. I'm not depressed, but for some reason I have been uncharacteristically negative. I had a long list of excuses, but I will choose to blame it on my crazy hormones. And for some stupid reason, the only "cures" to my disposition cost a zillion dollars. So to fix my slump, I have been writing lists (yes, I LOVE lists) of the blessings in my life and all the reasons to be thankful. This really does help....A LOT!!

I tell people that my eldest daughter Sofia is sweet. But I want to say is that she is docile, aims to please, exceedingly polite, respectful, considerate, rarely defiant, and has basically been the perfect first child for me. A few weeks ago Sofia "wrote me a letter". Then she decided to read it to me. I watch this video on a daily basis and it warms my heart and reminds me to be thankful and happy.

This video is not the original version of her "letter". The first version was way more humorous as it talked a lot about how she was "sorry that I was always throwing up and that my belly was getting fat" and how she will take good care of me. I like this version better.



I debated posting such a long video, but since this is my blog....I suppose I can post whatever I want! So, this post was for me.

Dear Sofia,
Thank you for my letter and making me the happiest mommy alive. I love you very much.

love, Mom

9 comments:

Kyle said...

What a little brat. Teach that girl some manners already.

Lesley said...

so stinkin cute...

...and your so beautiful...even when your hair is down...and don't forget I love Jesus! So stinkin cute.

Love her and you.

LJFredricks said...

Oh my word. So cute. So sweet. So save that video for the teenage years!!
I love it and would watch it everyday too.
She did hit the good points about you being pretty even if your hair is down.
Oh and I think she might love Jesus the most!
Love it.

Kasey Blickley VanderTol said...

1:50!!!! 1:50!!! She all stops to pose for the camera and your reaction! Hilarious. I love that it makes her so happy when you dress up for church and wear earrings and stuff. That melted my heart!

Laanykidsmom said...

Oh, that could cheer anyone up. I might need to borrow her sometime. What an angel. She has her priorities all figured out at 4 already - she loves Jesus the most!

Adriane said...

So she might have a future in the convent. But only if they let her wear earrings...

Erin said...

Soooo Sweet!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it. Jesus is obviously first, but you-even-with-your-hair-down closely follows. Please post pics of you in church! She reminds me of my oldest. He'll say "I love you mommy" if he thinks anything is bothering me.

Kristin said...

Rach, that melted my heart! What an awesome reminder. You've taught her well. She loves Jesus and her mommy, that is for sure!

from one mamacita to the next

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online