Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Upgrades

Sofia loves music. She enjoys all types....Bible songs, classic rock, teeny-bopper music, punk, etc. She gets obsessed with various genres & artists and wants to listen to certain songs on repeat. These repeat songs have been:

He's Got the Whole World In His Hands (Wee Sing Bible Songs)
Blindman (Vacation Bible School)
Mr. Roboto (Styx)
Ob La Di Ob La Da (Beatles)
Party in the U.S.A. (Miley Cirus)
Connected (Barbie & the Diamond Castle)
7 Things (Miley Cirus)

Sofia has recently upgraded her favorite repeat songs....YES!! My tolerance for Miley Cirus expired a long time ago. Even Stella loves "the Gun Song"

21 Guns (Greenday)
Spaceman (The Killers)
Don't Stop Believin (Journey)
Viva La Vida (Coldplay)

I grew up in a household with 3 older brothers....our toys consisted of Leggos, GI Joes & various sports equipment. I embraced the various boy toys and became a super tomboy. Our household is different. We are drowning in all things girly. We have dolls, princess dress up clothes, a pink play kitchen, and Barbie movies....lots and lots of Barbie movies. My girls love them. They watch them over and over....and over and over. Stella's absolute favorite movie has been Barbie & the Diamond Castle. We have been watching about 20-30 minutes of this same movie every day for the last month.....ugh.

She has recently upgraded her favorite movie to "Foo Panda".....or Kung Fu Panda. Awesome. If you have not seen this movie....I highly recommend it. The intro is easily my favorite part of the entire movie.....Ska-Doosh!



Sofia told me today "Mommy, there is no charge for awesomeness....or attractiveness." I laughed out loud for a solid 10 minutes.

4 comments:

Nick, Rachael, and Jake Heyboer said...

Foo is in Jakes top two, Monsters vs Aliens also is a favorite.

Laanykidsmom said...

Kung Fu Panda is the reason we say "tenders" around here.

LJFredricks said...

CHARITY YOU>>>YOU>>>YOU are resposible for tenders????? Good Lord we have had some major conversations about where the tenders thing came from. I have snorted coffee out me nose over the tenders comments.
And it has been turned into chicken tenders and I will never be able to eat them the same again.
Love your upgrades Rach, I break out in barbie song several times a day. Mya even got a microphone and speaker with the songs on it. I think you need to borrow it ;)

Sandy Hop said...

Kung Fu Panda was Adam's and my first mommy-and-me date! Adam holds that movie in high esteem. We don't own it, though...I'm afraid I'd be subject to it over and over...and over and over.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online