Thursday, May 27, 2010

Random Update

namheedesigns.com is finally up and running.....it's a serious work in progress, but it'll do for now. I finally feel like I have most of the basic stuff for the business set up and now I'm just taking in alterations and gift requests.

Last week, I made 11 aprons & a baby gift set for my cousin....in 4 days & had so much fun doing it! She wanted the catering staff to have matching aprons....and then give them to her friends & family as gifts after the wedding. But I am an idiot & forgot to take pictures...oops. I was hoping to make a few more gift aprons this week....I'll be sure to take a pic this time.

A few of the more recent items I have done.....I really should be taking pictures of all of them....but alas, I am lazy and forgetful.

This is my first attempt to make my girls' clothes!
I bought a pattern, but I didn't use it....what a waste of $.
I mimicked the Matilda Jane dresses minus the apron...at $52 a pop!!


These are the pacifier clips....I used the soft pink minky fabric.



I had my first request for yellow/green burp cloth sets



A simple blue set



Other Randomness

I am having a garage sale next week and so I feel like I should start preparing for that....as all my garage sale items are thrown in large black garbage bags that are haphazardly thrown about my basement.

Stella is finally potty trained....and this has made my life A LOT easier! Praise the Lord.

The hot weather makes me tired, lazy, & cranky....not that me stating this fact on my blog makes it any easier for those to have to tolerate me everyday. (sorry Peter)

We took the RV to West Virgina last weekend for a wedding. RV trouble on the way there extended our trip there to 24 hours....awesome. The last hour of the trip goes through some rolling hills/mountains of West Virginia....Stella got car sick & threw up ALL OVER ME....awesome. The wedding was so fun....it was worth the road trip.

I am completely ignoring my children so I can post to my blog....I know they are making a huge mess....I will continue typing away so long as I don't hear crying....I just need about 15 more minutes!

And a few snapshots for the road.....sorry about the quality of some....they are taken with my camera phone.

If there is ever a picture that best describes me....then this would be it.



This is how Stella falls asleep sometimes.
Notice that there are band aids on both knees.



Watching videos in the RV on our way to West Virgina.
This would be BEFORE Stella got really sick.



She had a long travel day....and Nona became her pillow.
Stella is NOT a sleeper so this means she was EXHAUSTED.



The wedding was at a beautiful estate nestled in West Virginia.
There was a grass maze & dancing in a barn...awesome.
Thank you B. Mahler for this picture....hehehe



Hot weather means we sit poolside.



Turns out Stella loves corn on the cob.



Ice cream is the best on hot summer evenings.



Sometimes we have a girly salon night in the bathroom



Then the next morning....we have CURLS!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dresses you made for the girls are wonderful. As for patterns, try the thrift shops, kids basics don't change that much, and you can adapt them creatively. And the curly hair is a hoot! Love to you all. Mom

LJFredricks said...

The priorities picture is a framer.love it! Love it all! You are very talented with your sewing. I will be needing curtains soon!
Also the thumbs up picture is AWESOME.

Lesley said...

so cute Rach! Love the priorities pic...classic.

the deKorne family said...

your sewing stuff is amAZING. (emphasis on the azing) your girls are gorgeous. and ava loves corn on the cob, too!

michael_feyen said...

I completely agree with that last comment!

josema said...

Knowledge is power.............................................................

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online