Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mark James

We welcomed Mark James Sheldon into the world on Wednesday, July 14th. I started contractions at 2:30am....and he FINALLY made his way out around 8:30'ish pm. I didn't have an epidural with Stella....so I delivered him all natural as well....and YIKES! Pushing out an 8 pounder (Stella's weight) is A LOT easier than a 9 pounder! This baby most certainly did not "fall" out of my like people told me he would.....thanks for nothing punks....ugh.

I have been anxiously awaiting this baby to see what he would look like....as I have one very Asian child (my mini-me Sofia) and one very white child (Stella). So then.....I think Mark is a decent mix of the two.


Details:
9 lbs, 3 ounces
21.5 inches
black hair....with weird blondish highlights
chubby Asian cheeks

A few pics from the hospital....

And.....exhaustion....I hardly remember this picture.....I'm pretty sure if they didn't put a pillow underneath my arm...there is no way I would have been able to hold him.



The older sisters checkin out their new baby brother.



Me and my babies



My family feels 100% complete!!



Sleeping baby.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



When I was young, I spent many of my days playing with a friend who lived a few blocks away. Her name was Kasey Blickley.....we grew up....we lost touch....and then facebook reconnected us again. Turns out she got married young (like me) & now has a beautiful family....and has her own photography business called POSH. She does amazing work. Please check her out. She shoots weddings, babies, pregnant bellies, & more. Click Here

So....the last time I had "nice" pictures taken.....Sofia was 10 months old.....so maybe we are due for some professional grade pics....looks like Stella got the shaft on baby pictures....oops, still love her just as much. Here is a sneak peek at what she shot today. I can't wait for the rest!


And he didn't even pee on the ottoman.



Love this one



So tiny



I don't want him to grow up. I am really enjoying the infant baby stage....way more than my first two....probably because we are planning on this one being our last.



Just hatched!



Okay....so I was having flashbacks from 2 weeks ago when he really was in my belly....and maybe had a slight freak-out moment....I love how the picture turned out.



I am trying to rest up and really enjoy these short few weeks of my baby as a newborn before I dive back into my sewing business. Sofia & Stella have adjusted like a dream....as I predicted. They love their new baby brother. They are careful & cautious around him & love to help mommy care for him. God has truly blessed my life with a wonderful husband & 3 healthy & beautiful children.

10 comments:

Laanykidsmom said...

He is so precious and beautiful! Congratulations! What a wonderful addition to your family. What a way to end, with a 9 pounder! I ended with a 6 1/2 pounder. That one did just about fall out! I am so happy for you and your family.

Sandy said...

Seriously, Rach...beautiful pictures. He's so adorable!

LJFredricks said...

I love the pictures of you together. Beautiful. He is amazing, treasure the moments!!

Launa said...

Yeah!!! Congrats! Wow, he is so beautiful!!! and the pic of you and him together is priceless!! Happy Day!!

Ethan, Zach, and Emma's Mom said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is so gorgeous. God's Blessings to you all!

Erin said...

Congratulations! He is so cute :) I totally agree with you in saying that 9lbers are definitely not fun. We thought our 3rd was our last too :) Our 4th was 6lb 14oz. She pretty much did fall out. Fourth time is a charm :) Enjoy your baby (but not too much, you might want that 4th)!

Mary Jo Vis said...

Congratulations Rachel. He is adorable - just like the rest of the family. Enjoy every moment.

家唐銘 said...

出遊不拘名勝,有景就是好的..................................................................

豪偉軍樂 said...

It is easier to get than to keep it.......................................................................

建邱勳 said...

Joy often comes after sorrow, like morning after night.. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online