Monday, July 5, 2010

Not Me Monday....and an update


It's been so long since I've done one of these......I don't even know if the original lady who invented it is still doing it....

  • I did not tell my girls that the only way mommy was going to sit outside with them & their kiddie pool is if they kept a constant cool water spritz all over my arms & legs....and fed me chilled watermelon. No way....that is basically slavery.
  • I did not let Stella drink 1/2 my root beer with her dinner because I was too lazy to get up & get her a glass of milk.
  • I did not keep my girls in their pajamas until 4:00 in the afternoon....and finally put regular clothes on because I was forced to make a run to the grocery store.
  • When my husband told me he slept on his back wrong & it really hurt....I did have flash visions of me clubbing him in the back whilst bellowing out evil sadistic laughs and screaming "how does your back feel now!?!? Ha ha ha ha ha!" No way, not me....that is selfish....just because I am uncomfortable....does not mean that my husband is banned from complaining....well....maybe a little.
  • This conversation did not happen..........not me, I am always delightful & of a cheery disposition....especially with stupid inquisitive strangers who like to comment on my belly size.
[Rachel sits down on bench while Peter takes girls on a walk]
[Lady approaches Rachel]

Lady: (gasp) Are you having twins?!? [she is very excited]
Rach: Yeah!! [equals lady's excitement in her response]
Lady: Really?!?! [even more excited]
Rach: No! [smile gone & suddenly angry, serious, & very irritable]
Lady: Oh.....[visibly awkward]
Rach: But thanks for pointing out that it LOOKS like I'm having twins...
Lady: Well....[eyes darting everywhere searching for a way out]
Rach: Yeah....lesson learned [glares at stupid lady]
Lady: [quietly tip toes backwards out of situation]
  • I did not "clean up" by throwing all my large items into the dishwasher & run it with 11 items total....that would be really wasteful.
  • I do not tell my girls that they only get showers & no baths because we don't have time....when the reality is that there is some weird blackish greenish stuff growing around the underside of the spout....and I'm too lazy to scrub it out.
  • I did not use the underside of Stella's dress to wipe her snotty nose all day....until her dress was so crusty that it did not hang properly. Not me....that is unsanitary and gross. I always keep tissues handy.
  • I did not go two weeks (& still counting) without brushing my hair. That would mean that I stopped caring about my outward appearances.....besides, I understand that running my fingers through my hair is not the same as actually brushing it.
  • I did not damage my eldest daughter by telling girls have 3 bums....the tinkle bum, the stinky bum, & the baby bum....and this baby will come out mommy's baby bum. Her mouth was not agape for several minutes of shock....followed by running around our house screaming that a baby is going to come out her mommy's bum. Nope, I would certainly wait till my daughter was a bit older before trying to explain medical marvels to her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YO! It's been a very long time since I've even had a chance to turn on the computer....let alone do some blogging. NamHee Designs has been exploding and I've barely had enough time to keep up....which is awesome.....but I've decided to stop taking orders and allow myself the next week to "nest" and rest myself up for baby #3....mostly because my belly is so large that I can not sit at the machine for longer than 15 minutes without my feet going numb. I am also giving myself a few weeks after the baby is born & will slowly resume sewing again. I should be in full swing by early fall.

I hope to professionalize my website this August....but I finally updated it with pictures & pricing....so check it out. http://namheedesigns.com or find NamHee Designs on facebook

The dresses have been a huge success so far & I can't wait to dive back into them again...they are so much fun to make!





These photos were taken by a childhood friend. She is a photographer who does amazing work. Click here to check her out.

This is my latest dress color combo....very bright & summery.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple pics......




So here I am at about 39 weeks....a rare photo...as I usually avoid the camera like the plague....but as this is my last....I thought I should have at least one preggo pic. I am enjoying my time relaxing & doing nothing!



We spent our 4th of July weekend at the Lake house with all the Sheldon cousins. We couldn't have asked for better weather. We had cloudless sunshine, warm water, waves, and gentle breezes. It was perfect.


More Random Rachel Thoughts......

So.....now that things have slowed a bit for me....it is now occurring to me that I AM HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!! AAAAAGGGHHH!! I haven't had time to think about it....and now I am only about a week away.


Can anyone else believe I'm having a BOY?!? Seriously!?!? I definitely still don't really believe it. I don't think I'll be 100% convinced till it comes out.


My mother-in-law keeps telling me that everyday is another day closer to having the baby....how exciting!.....and all I can think about is how everyday is another ounce bigger to push out....ugh, I need to change my attitude.


Two of my very closest friends (Megan & Kristin) are both due within a week of me! So fun. Maybe we'll all have our babies on the same day - that would be crazy.


I am looking forward to my "vacation" at the hospital.....nurses waiting on my hand & foot, they wheel in my 1 child for feeding & then wheel it back out so I can sleep, endless diet coke....it's gonna be awesome.


This is the first year that I did not attend fireworks. :( I love fireworks....but the thought of sitting on a blanket without a bathroom in sight was enough to keep me home this year.


I had a garage sale about a month ago....and I had a lady pay with all dollar coins & I was so annoyed. Yes, I'm preggo & my irritation levels are higher....but seriously.....dollar coins are for grandparents to give to their grandkids....and for piggy banks.


Whoever the random Asian is that is posting crazy Asian fonts in my comments section can please stop. My appearances have fooled you....I know I look Asian on the outside....but I'm really very white....excluding my current dark brown skin color. No but seriously, stop with the weirdo Asian comments....leave my blog alone!

9 comments:

Launa said...

Oh my gosh, you look beautiful!! and I can't believe you're already 39 weeks!! How in the world did that happen?
Thanks for the check in... I was starting to get a little worried! Love the dresses, they are adorable!!
Happy baby delivering!

Anonymous said...

Preggo or not, you look like a South Sea princess. Hope the baby comes soon! Keep in touch. Love, Mom

Ethan, Zach, and Emma's Mom said...

I'll be thinking about you--hope everything goes smoothly with your delivery. Those dresses are precious!

LJFredricks said...

Good Grief Rach, THAT.STORY.WAS.AWESOME. I always thought those things but never said them. I am sure if I were there I would have saved that idiot woman from awkwardness by peeing in my pants. I love you.
And yes, please stop the wierd comments. You are almost there rach! Soon you will be able to bend over and tie your shoes again. Oh and I am totally reposting this.

吳婷婷 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

Launa said...

Hey Rach... put the cupcake recipe up on my blog for you!! Really wish I could drop some by for you!!
Oh, with those beautiful dresses you make quilting would be a piece of cake!! They're a lot easier!!

茂慧茂慧 said...

支持你就對了!..................................................................

新順 said...

你的分享很不錯.. 謝謝 ..................................................................

竹青 said...

朋友是一面鏡子............................................................

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online