Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Career Change? Nevermind....barf.

My friend Emily posted a story about human breast milk ice cream on my facebook wall and I just had to share it. I think she thought of me because she remembered that I am a milk making freak. After several painful months of "training" my milkers, I am finally only over-producing about 10 ounces a week. I used to make anywhere from 15-25 extra ounces a day!



THE STORY

A London ice cream shop decided to make a batch of ice cream with human breast milk, naming it Baby Gaga. It sold out within the week.

The remains of the breast milk ice cream have since been confiscated by the Westminster City Council with concerns for food safety.....and samples that came back from the lab that tested positive for possible hepatitis contamination.

Mmmmm.....hepatitis ice cream.....yummy!

The women were paid £14 per 10 ounces.
As of today, this is $23.00!!
I was making at least 350 extra ounces a month.
That would be $8,000!!


While boob milk is great and all.....let's be honest here. Would you eat it?

Barf.

The End.

6 comments:

Kasey said...

I wouldn't eat it, but I would give it to my child who just got his/her tonsils out...but it'd have to be my own boobie milk.

Julie said...

barf is RIGHT. that's hilarious!

Chunky Knubby Navel said...

I don't know how, but I am going to try to use the phrase "train my milkers" at least once a week.

Also, gross.

Whitney

Launa said...

Totally Gross.
Ewww!
What freak thinks that that is a great product to market? Probably the one who sold it all to other people who want to eat unregulated, hepatitis filled breast milk ice cream.
With this post and mine... we're doing good on the Eeek factor this week!

phoebe said...

You should sell it! My friend spent a lot of money buying breast milk from a "bank" of sorts when their adopted daughter was born prematurely and needed it as opposed to formula.

Laanykidsmom said...

I would not eat it. I love cow milk. And ice cream made from cow milk. I was never blessed with an overabundance of boob milk. My "feeders" (as my kids called them) did not take kindly to the pump.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online