Tuesday, August 30, 2011

DIY Flower Flip Flops

I have taken the month of August off from sewing. It has been fantastic. I have been able to spend time with my children and actually enjoy them. So we decided we needed a craft to do during Mark's nap.

We went to Hobby Lobby with a $5 budget. We came out with flip flips for $1.59 each. We went to my fabric scraps and fashioned some fabric flowers and used a hot glue gun to attach them....and Voilà!!


These are Stella's. She insisted on having a purple flower and a red flower. She could not be convinced otherwise.




These are Sofia's. She made her flowers herself....picked out and cut the fabric....and even pieced the flowers together. I just helped with the hot glue part. She has worn them a lot already and her flowers are already starting to fray a bit....but I still like the look. And I'm not worried about the longevity of these flip flops as they were only $1.59.



Total Cost: $3.37

2 comments:

Nicole said...

What a cute idea! Oh to have a little girl.... :)

Anonymous said...

HELLO Sir
Sir
i want the update information about the Mumbai Port Trust Recruitment 2014 Please sir provide the latest Info for Apply Online

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online