Monday, December 8, 2008

White Chicken Chili

The other weekend our church had a chili cookoff fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity. My entry was a white chicken chili. I received 2nd place by a very small margin. I should also mention that my in-laws "happened" to forget their donation/vote this year because they "happened" to be out of town....a likely excuse. ;o)

This recipe is super easy because you just add the ingredients in the crockpot and......"Set it and Forget it!!"


4 boneless chicken breasts (raw....diced into small pieces)
8 oz salsa (I use hot)
2 cans northern beans (w/ juice)
2 cans white corn (drained)
16 ounces pepperjack cheese (cubed)
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
salt to taste

Optional
cheddar cheese (for sprinkling)
bacon (for sprinkling)
sour cream (a dollop if you'd like)
green onion
tortilla chips

Directions
1. Add chicken, cheese, beans, corn, wine, and spices to crockpot and set on medium
2. Stir a few hours in to make evenly cook chicken
3. Fry up some bacon (the real stuff)
4. Wait 4-6 hours (total) and Enjoy Chili!

I like cheddar cheese and real bacon bits on mine....and eating it with tortilla chips....mmmm. This recipe can be thicker....most recipes call for only 8-10 oz cheese, but the extra makes it oh-so-much better!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

That is too funny that you posted this tonight. That is what we had for dinner! I love chicken chili, especially during the winter!

baorao said...

Yours sounds better than mine. But mine doesn't take nearly as long.

Momof4 said...

Have you ever made it with canned chicken? It sounds awesome and I'd like to try it this weekend while we're up north for Clayton's hockey, but it would be easier to use canned since we'll be at a hotel.

Brandy said...

Hey Rach. I tried this recipe like I mentioned to you. I did make a few changes. First, I pan fried the chicken with extra spices in water. (I didn't want to have it undercooked if they started nibbling early) Also, I doubled the recipe, and added way more wine. (of course. lol) After three of my kids had a bowl, and I sent two bowls to the 'rents, We had a little over half of the crock pot left. The guys at Terry's work CLEANED out the pot. I think they licked it clean! lol Next time I'm sending the whole thing.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online