One more note....I made a double batch so the quantities in my pictures reflect that.
- 3-5 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (boiled & chopped)
- 1 pkg of Knorr Spanish Rice Sides (prepared)
- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 of 8 oz pkg)
- 12-16 oz shredded co-jack cheese (divided)
- 1 pkg flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- green chilies (small can)
- sauteed veggies
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
1. Boil chicken & cut into small pieces
2. Prepare Spanish rice (package directions)
3. Combine chicken, rice, cream cheese, shredded cheese, sour cream, cumin, cilantro, lime juice, & salt, in large bowl.
4. Fill tortillas with mixture and place into 9 x 13 pan
5. Pour enchilada sauce & whipping cream over tortillas
6. Sprinkle cheese on top
8. Bake at 350 loosely covered for 35 minutes. If bubbly, then uncover & bake an additional 10 minutes. If they come from the fridge, increase cooking time by 10-15 minutes
This can easily be done the day before
I run a little cold water over it so I can handle it
Chop or Shred
Chop chicken (I think chopping is easier than shredding)
Store in Ziploc bag until ready for use
Knorr Spanish Rice according to package directions.
Don't get Mexican Rice....there is a big difference!
Plus, it's one less pan to wash.
The hot rice will melt the cheeses.
-Mix rice, chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, cumin, salt & lime juice.
-This is what mine looks like before it goes in the tortillas.
-If you make these a day ahead, then cover & refrigerate in this state.
-Random Note: I always break the surface on opposite sides with my can opener to make it easy to pour....as opposed to opening the entire can & ladling it over the tortillas.
-This is what mine looks like before the final cheese layer.
-Loosely with aluminum foil b/c the cheese will stick!
-Unless you have non-stick foil...which is awesome.
-350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.
-Check to see if it's bubbling...then take off foil & bake an extra 10 minutes.
-If they just came from the fridge, then increase baking time another 10-15 minutes.
-Let it "rest" at least 5 minutes.